H A L U A N S i s w a | Bersahsiah, Dekat Bererti

Sunday, December 12, 2010

0

Of Talking and Acting

  • Sunday, December 12, 2010
  • aburidhwan
  • Share
  • One of the most influential words that once shook my heart up until now is a hadeeth by the Prophet saw;

    "When
    any one of you sees anything that is disapproved (of by Allah), let him
    change it with his hand. If he is not able to do so, then let him
    change it with his tongue. And if he is not able to do so, then let him
    change it with his heart, though that is the weakest (kind of) faith."
    (Narrated by Muslim)


    So
    powerful this hadeeth was, it made me tremble of fear. Fearful of my
    undone duties. Fearful of my long neglected faith. I realized then, I
    was simply satisfied of having the weakest kind of faith. I felt enough
    by just loathing and leaving a disapproving stare.

    The
    hadeeth opened my eyes wide. Really wide. I've been idling for too
    long, feeling enough of something that thin. Something which I am so
    sure will take me nowhere. Yet I just let it be.

    And
    then I made the decision. I HAVE TO SPEAK UP. I have to carry this duty
    with me. I have to see the efforts of enjoining ma'ruf and prohibiting
    munkar as a profession.

    "We are du'ats, before other things"


    I have to make myself learned, for I must know what I have to say, how should I say it and why should I say it.
    Bit by bit, I built my confidence. Praise upon God, He made my path vast and clear.
    I
    had the opportunity to mix and mingle with all kinds of people, of
    different gender, age group, job and status, even nationalities.
    When I speak, people listen.
    When I am around, people start behaving.
    When people have queries, they consulted me.
    Now, how comforting is that for a self-confessed daie?

    Alhamdulillah. Allah has shown me the way. He awakened me, and showed me the way.
    But Allah reminded me of something. Something that I regretfully had not been fulfilling with my best.


    O believers! Why do you say what you never do? It is most odious in Allah's sight that you should say that which you do not do. (As Saff : 2-3)



    O Allah, forgive me and those who walk in the same path.
    If it is our unparallel words and acts that brings your wrath, forgive us ya Allah.
    If
    it is our unparallel words and acts that make people blinded of your
    light, forgive us ya Allah. If it is our unparallel words and acts that
    makes people sick of listening to your words, forgive us ya Allah!


    Brothers and sisters, let us all ask ourselves, have we made our words real? If we have, how far?
    How far have we made our acts a vivid reflection of our words?


    We talk about sincerity and truthfulness. Have we been sincere and true to ourselves?
    We talk about time and its value. We quoted from Sura al-Asr. Have our acts really show that we treasure the value of time?
    We talk about togetherness and ukhwah. We proudly said, "Mu'mins are brothers". Have
    we treated the people around us as brothers? Or do we just show our
    loves on those close to us..those who share the same fikrah?


    O
    Allah, help me in fulfilling my words. I have spoken too much, yet
    acted too little. Help me be prepared, O God, for I know every word I
    say, is my accountability.


    "Those who remember Allah while standing,
    sitting and lying down, and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the

    earth, (saying): Our Lord! Surely, You have not created all these in vain.

    Glory be to You! Save us from the chastisement of the Fire"

    (Ali Imran : 191)

    0 Responses to “Of Talking and Acting”

    Post a Comment

    Mars HALUAN


    MusicPlaylistRingtones
    Create a playlist at MixPod.com

    Subscribe